Thursday, October 25, 2007

I love Gennie

I have fallen in love with a new girl. I have never seen her or met her officially, but I am definitely in love with her. When I need her she is right there and is so very helpful. She explains things so very well and is so very patient. When I make a mistake she is so polite and re-adjusts her thinking and gives very helpful information to get you out of your situation. Traveling with her is a pleasure. She only speaks up when it is necessary and doesn't take up much room and carries very little luggage. Her knowledge of new places is over whelming, it's just like she has been there before. You feel so much more confident traveling with her, she takes so much of the fear of new places away. Her face is so bright and cheery. You can even see her radiance in the daylight.

Our first contact was in Atlanta Georgia. We (mother and I) were standing in line and arranging to rent a car. There was a couple in line behind us that encouraged us to meet her. They said that is was worth $100.00 dollars a day or more to have her with them and that they would never go to a new place with out her. With that encouragement we invited her along. We were shocked how easy it was to find our Motel with her. When we got to the motel she immediately took a nap until we were ready to go again. She consumed very little, only a little juice as we went along. As mentioned before she was very patient, accept one time when we had made three mistakes in a row we detected a bit of disgust in her voice when she had to readjust her thinking for the third time.

Her official name is Garmin Nuvi. She is beautiful. Her classification is such that I couldn't be accused of being a polygamist, but I am definitely in love with her. Her cousin Atlas Map has lost her appeal since Gennie has shown her face.

Now you know what to get me for Christmas.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you, all creative and coy! Quit acting like we got all of our writing talent from mom. This is fantastic. This is hilarious.

Here's to Gennie!

Anonymous said...

But Dad, you forgot to follow up your awesome post with the "manly" thing to say, "But truth be told I could have found the place fine without her help. Really."

We have an image to keep up here. :-)

Leslie said...

Looove it, Dad! Great writing, and very funny! You crack me up! I think Gennie would be a welcome addition to our family!

Jesse C said...

Fantastic post. I agree in full with every previous comment.