Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Thanks for all the suggestions

Thanks for all of the suggestions for not being called to be bishop. I am sure they will all work, it's just that some might get me free room and board with some of the suggestions.

Tom Maybe stopped by and visited me for about an hour yesterday. What a great young man he is. I have always enjoyed Tom. He told me that he had to write a paper in college about people that had influenced his life. He said that John was one of those people and how he appreciated him and the good example he was for him at a critical time in his life. We talked and laughed about the big tank out back and how he and John and Grandfather Crowley moved it into place. We just never know how our life will effect another.

Mom found some old letters from dear friends from Samoa. One letter said that my influence as a seminary teacher was still having an influence on them years latter. It so amazing, I was their seminary teacher for only one sememster. We had hardly any materials to teach from so I ended up throwing the manual away and just teaching them from the scriptures. We just never know how our life will effect another.

Linda Bergstrom needs to change jobs. The one she has is not working out, so everyone please pray for her.

8 comments:

Leslie said...

You ARE an amazing person, and I'm sure that you have influenced many, many lives for good.

I'm glad to know that you will serve wherever you are called -- even if you really don't want to.

Plus, ours is the only Church I know of, that encourages it's members to seek their own answers and confirmation. If the call comes, you can know for sure where that call comes from.

Will pray for Linda

Love you.

Anonymous said...

I love Tom Maybe. What a great kid. Thanks for sharing Dad. I needed that.

As for Linda, what does she do? What kind of job is she looking for? Let us know and we'll start beating the bushes.

Anonymous said...

That's neat about Tom and John. Thanks for sharing.

Sorry, just gotta say it again--Dad is blogging!

James said...

Sorry to make this correction, but it is Tom Mabey, not maybe.

I am glad you are writing in this blog Dad.

Anonymous said...

James,
Can't believe I did that. That's got to be at least as irritating as "Crawley."

So just to be clear. I love Tom Mabey, not I love Tom, maybe. :-)

Anonymous said...

Maybe Mabey's will forgive us if we forgive those who call us CrOWLeys.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you taught seminary!?! I LOVE seminary!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just thought of a way to escape the stake president! You don't have to move, just go on a nice loonng vacation! To Idaho, preferably.