Monday, October 29, 2007

Skunks

I don't know why Heavenly Father created skunks. Today I really question it. As I came to work today and started down the other side of the viaduct the air sent my sinus in an uproar. Skunk was written all over the smell. The closer I got to work the worse it got. I thought I will jump out of my truck and run inside, it just can't be this bad inside. I held my breath and jumped and ran inside and waited until I got into my office to take a breath. When I did it was lots worse, it is now burning my eyes and throat. Everybody at work are so distracted that nothing is getting done. We have all the doors open and fans on that we have in hopes the it will soon dissipate. This skunks name must be Goliath or Godzilla or something like that or we have had a skunk holocaust.

I hope that we just don't get used to it and then go home or somewhere and people start saying "What's that smell" and look in my direction.

I hope Heavenly Father finds another use for skunks in a different kingdom than I am sent to.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That really is a terrible smell. Unfortunately, there are a lot of skunks out where I live and I get to smell their aroma often.

Good luck, and I promise to tell you if you smell like skunk the next time I see you.

P.S. Skunk holocaust. Tee-hee.

Leslie said...

I'm really glad I only have to read about it and not smell it. Sorry that you didn't have that luxury.

I don't want to be in the same kingdom as the skunks either. Well, at least not their scent.

Anonymous said...

So here's my best skunk story. Our first home in Farmington was owned by a gentleman named Chris. If you'll recall, the master bedroom window in that house looked down on the back yard of our neighbor's home.

One day when Chris still lived in the house and his neighbor was on vacation, he looked out to see a family of skunks lurking about in the neighbor's back yard. So he did what anyone would do, HE LOADED UP HIS .22 RIFLE AND OPENED THE WINDOW. He took aim and fired. But the skunks ran in every direction, only frightened off by the blast--or at least that's what he thought.

When the neighbor returned home several days later, they were welcomed by the most horrendous stench. They finally located the smell under the back deck. A rotting skunk corpse that had been shot and wounded and ran under the deck and died.

So let that be a lesson. If you ever shoot at skunks from your second story window, always follow up to make sure you know if you hit something.

Anonymous said...

I think I told you that we had a skunk in our hen house quite a few times before we actually caught him this summer. You really don't want to shoot a skunk on your property (the smell is, well.. YOU KNOW). So, Wade had to borrow his dad's live trap. You can ask Wade all the details at Thanksgiving. By the way, chickens don't like skunks in their home.