Monday, October 1, 2007

Opening Day for Dad's Blog

Leslie set this up for me, so I better make some entries.

I just want you to know that I have started my homemade Christmas present and have made good headway. So Lucy is out of the running. I didn't know that I was going to have to compete against a dog.

So some of you do just random thoughts occasionally that is probably the way all of mine will be.

There has been rumor that there will be a change in the bishopric of the 5th ward in the near future. I have tried to be somewhat invisible as of late to the stake presidency, but it hasn't been working very well. Saturday President Riddle called me up and asked if I could come and help him because he had a flat tire on his truck. So I took my air bottle over in the rain and snow and tried to hurry and pump it up and get back in my truck and leave and call him and tell him it was pumped up. But as luck would have it he came out when it was about half pumped up. He thanked me and I left.

The next day Pres. Riddle taught our Priesthood Relief Society lesson and mentioned my name twice. Once at the beginning and once at the end. Well trying to be invisible to the stake presidency is not working very well. Please pray for me. Any suggestions short of moving will be appreciated.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Yay Daddy!! Thanks for doing this! I appreciate your random thoughts. I guess I better get started on my Christmas gift!

Um, other than moving, I think your only option would be to really screw up, and I don't really think that is an option!

Love you! Good luck with the invisibility thing. Maybe you could get a few pointers from Ghostie.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Dad, Lucy just finished her present last night. What a good little doggie!

As for bishop, I think you're doomed. I'm thinking that you could look to Klinger from M*A*S*H* for some ideas, if you know what I mean....

By the way--how cool is this? Dad's blogging!

Anonymous said...

I've been pondering on the bishop dilemma and have come up with some ideas.

Suggestions for Dad:

1) Next Sunday, no tie and a big gold chain.

2) The next week, dye your hair jet black.

3) The next week, in the crowded foyer just after sacrament meeting lay a big wet kiss on Mom right in front of everybody.

That ought to take care of things. No need to thank me.

James said...

I am glad that you are blogging dad. It is good to read some of your thoughts.

My ideas for avoiding becoming bishop.

#1. Make a shirt that says "Bishop, Been there. Done that." And wear it all of the time.

#2. Grow a rat tail. Not a pony tail but a small little tail. Mom could french braid it before church.

#3. Follow the Anti-Drug Campaign and just say No.

#4 On the next testimony meeting take up the entire meeting by lecturing on the fact that skateboarding really isn't a crime.

#5. Get a big tattoo across the back of your shoulders (upper back) that says "Linda 4 Eva".

#6. Start carrying a six-shooter on your belt at church. And at the end of each class fire one shot in the air and yell "Yee Haw, that was a good lesson!" And then inbtween classes do some target practice in the parking lot.

good luck. If one of these doesn't work try a combo of all of them.

Anonymous said...

We are excited to be blogging now, and that you are too!

We only have suggestion: just don't have 100% home teaching month after month. That's what Wade does. He said that's his protection.
Good luck.
Love ya.

Kate said...

Blogging is way fun. I think I like it, and I think you will like it. Congradulations. And as far as escaping the stake president I really don't have anything to say.

Anonymous said...

This is how I see it. It's like praying this week for the general authorities to receive inspiration for their conference talks. It's already been written, folks. No need us worryin' 'bout things we got no control over.
I'm so proud of you for blogging, Dad. You continue to amaze me.